“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” –Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)
It’s so important to raise our children to know God and to give them the tools they will need to grow into spiritually mature Christians.
Here are 20 ways you can spend more time with your child:
1) Play a board game together
2) Tell stories and relate them to people in the Bible
3) Have a picnic
4) Go camping and tell them about how God created all of the beautiful things in nature around them.
5) Wash the car
6) Go for a walk
7) Clean your house together
8) Watch a Christian movie together
9) Read the Bible together and reward them for memorizing scriptures
10) Do homework together
11) Wrestle with the boys (guys) or do each other’s hair or make up (girls)
12) Do artsy things together like painting or drawing
13) Go to the zoo
14) Play a sport (bocce ball was one our favorite family activities)
15) Listen to music
16) Take them to work with you for a day (if your boss allows it)
17) Do gardening together
18) Build something together
19) Visit a fire or police station
20) Volunteer somewhere such as a homeless shelter
I hope these tips helped and always remember that every moment is an opportunity for us to teach our children about Jesus.
Ultimately, our own lives should reflect our deep relationship with God because we all know that actions speak much louder than our words. God bless.
Your turn! What are some fun things you do with your children? What are some ways that you teach them about God?